HEAT EXCHANGERS: Condensers and Reboilers
This interactive training unit is designed to introduce trainees to the basic operation of condensers and reboilers. After completing this unit, trainees should be able to describe the function and operation of a typical condenser, basic procedures for starting up and shutting down a condenser, and some operator checks that are typically performed during condenser operation. They should also be able to explain the operation of kettle-type and thermosiphon reboilers, and identify some operator responsibilities associated with reboiler operation.
- Describe the function of condensers.
- Describe the operation of a typical condenser.
- Describe the startup procedure for a typical condenser.
- Describe a general condenser shutdown procedure.
- Describe some checks made during the operation of a condenser.
- Describe how a kettle-type reboiler operates.
- Describe how a thermosiphon reboiler operates.
- Describe some operator responsibilities associated with reboiler operation.
- • Condensers
- - Condenser Operation
- - Condenser Startups and Shutdowns
- - Operator Checks
- • Reboilers
- - Kettle-Type Reboilers
- - Thermosiphon Reboilers
- - Operator Responsibilities