I & C: Measurement of Density, Clarity and Moisture
This interactive training unit is designed to introduce trainees to some devices that can be used to measure density, clarity, and moisture. After completing this unit, trainees should be able to define various terms associated with density, clarity, and moisture, and describe the basic operation of devices used to measure density, clarity, humidity, and moisture.
- Density Measurement
- Define density.
- Explain the difference between density and specific gravity.
- Describe the basic operation of a hydrometer.
- Describe the use of a bubbler system to measure density.
- Describe the operation of a radioactive density analyzer.
- Clarity Measurement
- Define clarity.
- Describe the basic operation of a colorimeter, a turbidity meter, and an opacity meter.
- Moisture Measurement
- Define humidity and moisture.
- Describe the basic operation of a sling psychrometer.
- Describe the basic operation of a wet and dry bulb recording psychrometer.
- Describe the basic operation of a hygrometer.
- Describe the basic operation of an infrared moisture analyzer.
- • Density Measurement
- - Density and Specific Gravity
- - Hydrometers
- - Density Bubbler System
- - Radioactive Density Analyzer
- • Clarity Measurement
- - Principles of Clarity Analysis
- - Colorimeter
- - Turbidity Meter
- - Opacity Meter
- • Moisture Measurement
- - Humidity and Moisture
- - Measuring Humidity
- - Measuring Moisture