POWER PLANT OPERATION: Basic Principles
At the completion of this instructional unit, trainees will be able to describe how plant systems respond to changes in load on a unit, and list operator responsibilities during load changes. In addition, trainees will be able to describe the functions of bearings, operation of sliding surface bearings and rolling contact bearings, operator responsibilities associated with bearings, and how bearings are lubricated.
- Load Changes
- Describe how a plant responds to changes in load on a unit.
- Describe the basic responsibilities of an operator during a load change.
- Bearings and Lubrication
- Describe two major types of bearings.
- Describe the basic functions of all bearings.
- Describe the operation of a typical sliding surface bearing.
- Describe the operation of rolling contact bearings.
- Describe some of the basic bearing checks operators perform.
- Describe how grease is used as a lubricant.
- Describe how oil is used as a lubricant.
- • Load Changes
- - Plant Responses
- - Operator Responses
- • Bearings and Lubrication
- - Bearings
- - Lubrication