PLANT SCIENCE: Fluid Systems
This interactive training unit is designed to introduce trainees to the characteristics, components, and operation of fluid systems. After completing this unit, trainees should be able to explain, in general terms, what a plant system is, and what a fluid is. They should also be able to explain the basic layout of a liquid system and describe energy conversions in a liquid system. Trainees should also be able to describe the basic parts of a compressed air system and the basic operation of several gas and vapor system devices.
- Liquid Systems
- Explain, in general terms, what a plant system is.
- Explain what a fluid is.
- Describe the effects of pressure changes on a static fluid.
- Describe the four basic parts of a liquid system.
- Describe the effects of energy conversions on a fluid under steady-state conditions.
- Describe some of the energy conversions that take place in liquid systems.
- Gas and Vapor Systems
- Describe the basic parts of a typical compressed air system.
- Describe the operation of a jet pump.
- Describe the operation of a nozzle.
- Describe the operation of a condenser.
- • Liquid Systems
- - Systems and Fluids
- - Basic System Layout
- - Energy Conversions
- • Gas and Vapor Systems
- - Compressed Air System
- - Gas and Vapor System Devices